Friday, January 1, 2010

A Journey Begins

I was raised by a mom who belivved that having her children in church was a good thing.  She was the daughter of a Baptist preacher in Oklahoma and she spent many days in church.  My dad was and still is a very private man.  He didn't go to church with us very often and he wasn't one to share his views about God or faith very easily.  He served in the Air Force and spent time in Vietnam.  To this day I think that there are a lot of things that are difficult for him to talk about.  Being the daughter of a military man, I have been blessed to live in a lot of different places.  I have been to church in Texas, Japan, England, Arizona, and Oklahoma.  I have experienced a lot of different denominations.  Sometimes we went to church on base and sometimes in the local commuinty.  One thing my mom tried to instill is that the building where we worship is just a building.  What matters most is that we continue to honor God.  I love my dad very much and we have a good relationship but as I grew into adulthood, I knew that I wanted to marry someone who would openly share my faith, attend church with me and raise our children in a home of shared faith and beliefs.  That isn't my story and I have met a lot of other people who had that same intention, only to have their lives and relationships turn out differently.  So, my goal here is to tell my story, the ups and downs, and encourage anyone with a similar story to stay the course and don't give up.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, got it. My internet was down and I was trying to get to it on my phone but it wasn't finding it. We're good to go now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a good friend. Thank you for all your support. Good luck at your next book signing!

    ReplyDelete